Saturday, September 13, 2008

Omantel 1313 Helpdesk?

Omantel, Oman Telecommunication Company is facing a lot problem and a lot of complaints lately due to the upgrade process of their systems and servers. To solve the problem they are offering a helpdesk that will help people to solve the problems. Just dial 1313 and you will be connected to friendly Omantel helpdesk agents. Being friendly is much appreciated and I thank Omantel for providing that. But in line with the work, these agents should be having correct and precise information to answer to each complaint they will receive. Have you tried to contact 1313? What can you say? I’ve deal with them for several times regarding several issues and I would say that they mislead me for several times as well.

Here is one of my bad experiences with them. My company is having a 2Mb connection for 95 Omani Riyal monthly charges. Suddenly the bill came to us for a 4Mb Omani Riyal Package for 195 Omani Riyal. Surprised with the bill I called the service desk 1313 connects to billing help desk and asked what happened. Can you guess what the person on the other line told me? “We don’t know, this is your bill if any problem goes to customer service”. Go to customer service? Aren’t they are the customer service? Where shall I go then? Unbelievable!

0 Comments: