Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Scenario at Bank Muscat

Its another annoying day. I went to my bank to get my captured card that has been lying somewhere in the bank for the fast two weeks and still the response of the customer service there is negative. They are still not having my card. The funny thing was, the guy from the bank doesn’t know why the card is taking a lot of time to return back to them. He was saying it will should have only taken ten days to get the card back. He checked and told me “This are all the cards that we have”, showing me a bunch of card from his drawer, “and I don’t know where is your card”. Wow, that sounds like a very good service, how does a bank will not know where there products are?

Well another day was wasted, I need to go back to work for I just took a break especially to go to my bank. I need to get some money luckily I have another account which is also from that bank. I went straight to their ATM machine lying outside their branch. A group of laborer were there figuring out how to use the machine. I wait their patiently until my turn came, which took quite a while for this laborer does not know how to operate the machine and they need to help each other. Ok my turn came, one guy from behind suddenly came and tried to go first before me, I went straight to the machine ignoring the guy. While processing my transaction, I took a glance on the guy which I found that his face seems to be disturbed. Who cares? I got my money and when I tried to walk away from the machine the guy came and ask me something that I didn’t understand, I assume that he was saying “it’s ok I use the machine now?” so I say “ok I’m done”, I’m about to leave and again he showed hand to me pointing to the machine, then I came to understand the he need some assistance. Yes, he don’t know how to use the machine! Even tough I’m a little bit annoyed and having a bad day , I stood there and teach him how to use the machine. Then he said “I tried it many time but I cannot do it”. He was trying to withdraw a big amount which the machine cannot dispense at one time. So told him to do the withdrawal of several transactions cause the machine has a limit on dispensing the money. While doing waiting for the machine to finish processing I look again at him and wonder how come he is having this big amount of money for he looks so ordinary and he doesn’t even know how to take his money from the ATM. I was surprised when he talk to me again, it seems that he understand why I’m looking at him. He told me “my mother died and this money came from my country to send her back”. I felt something strange and began to feel sorry for the guy. Now I understand why his face is so sad. I so glad to be there to help him and all my anger for the day went away.











0 Comments: